7 Valentine’s Date Night Ideas From Home
My husband and I like to have a date night out every few weeks. We strongly believe in showing our relationship one-on-one attention in order to allow it to grow. While I love dressing up, trying a new restaurant and grabbing my favorite martini from the local sushi restaurant, sometimes going out isn’t an option. Between my husband’s work schedule and living on a small island, finding a babysitter can sometimes be tough. But having to stay at home shouldn’t mean that you can’t have your very own date night! Whether you are staying home this Valentine’s Day because you couldn’t get a babysitter or because you just want to avoid the crowds, there are still plenty of options to have a special night at home.
1. Cook A Special Meal Together – Cook a dinner you wouldn’t normally cook, but make sure to do it together! Try making homemade sushi, steaks or a seafood spread. My husband and I enjoy raw oysters and Alaskan King Crab legs on special occasions. Continue your romantic dinner with a set table, candlelight and wine.
2. Have Your Own Wine Tasting – Pick up several bottles of various types of wine to taste test. If you’d like to forgo cooking dinner, make some hors d’oeuvres to snack on while sipping your wine.
3. Have Your Own Movie Night – Avoid the crowds at the local movie theatre and have movie night via your own couch! Find a movie on Netflix or On-Demand that you’ve both been wanting to see, snack on popcorn or candies and snuggle up with your loved one.
4. Host Game Night – Invite a few other couples and have a game night with your favorite board games. You can even have your guests bring over their favorite Valentine’s dessert and make Valentine’s themed drinks.
5. Fondue Night – Make your own fondue dips to enjoy!
6. Spa Night – Have your own spa night at home! Give each other massages and if you’re lucky enough to have a hot tub, jump in to heat things up.
7. “Camp” In Your Backyard – Roast Marshmallows around a fire pit, cuddle up to stay warm and look at the stars.