BOB Revolution Flex Duallie
Overall Length: 53.5-59.5"
Height: 31.5-47.5" (depending on positioning of handlebar)
Until Max Height 44" (no specific age)
Frame Material: High strength chromoly and aluminum. Seat Material: Poly and Dobby weave fabrics with water repellent coating and open cell foam padding.
Sponge area with a solution of lukewarm water and mild soap. Rinse thoroughly with clean water to remove all soap and allow to dry. DO NOT USE DETERGENT.
• Padded 5 point safety harness.
• Parking Brake
• Wrist Strap
• Seat Retention Strap
• Easy two-step folding ability and a lightweight frame for convenient transport.
• Adjustable Padded Handlebar.
• Swiveling Front Wheel for superior maneuverability (locks forward if desired).
• State of the art suspension system for a smooth ride.
• Fits through standard door frames.
• Ultra padded seating for comfort.
• Multi Position canopies adjust for protection against the elements.
• Canopies contain windows to monitor children inside.
• High Impact polymer composite wheels with pneumatic tires and tubes take on tough terrain.
Cargo Basket for undercarriage storage.
•Additional space in large seat back pockets.
• Adjustable handlebar provides tailored comfort to all operators.
• Swiveling front wheel allows for superior maneuverability. 360 turns on a dime are no problem. The front wheel can also be locked in place for a serious run or in extra tough terrain.
• Stroller navigates curbs, roots, rough terrain, stairs, and any surface easily. Amazing suspension system and durable tires provide unmatched maneuverability while simultaneously providing the comfort and security of a smooth ride for the babies.
• Infant carseat adaptor is available with snack tray on other side. (Snack tray on both sides is also available for after the infant carseat is no longer needed.) Both of these easily plug in and attach to the stroller securely.
• Adjustable reclining seats help each child to adjust to the position that is comfortable for them, and allows for easy reclined napping or upright snacking on the go.
• Fits smoothly through standard door frames. Anywhere that is ADA compliant and where a wheelchair can pass through, this stroller can pass through. Provides ease of mind when taking it inside buildings and urban areas.
• Seat fabric is extremely durable and also comfortable.
• Cargo basket underneath provides storage, with additional room in pockets inside stroller.
-Parking brake keeps stroller secure even on inclines.
• Wrist strap helps operator keep control and security when strolling or running.
• You must purchase accessories such as a handlebar strap (drink holder), snack attachment, and carseat adaptor separately, and they are not necessarily inexpensive.
• Stroller is an investment financially.
• You must have sufficient space to store this larger stroller (as with any double stroller).
With my first baby, I did TONS of research as I slaved over our registry. I wanted to make sure that we were investing in the best possible products that would be great for mommy, daddy, and baby. When it came to strollers and carseats, I was SUPER overwhelmed by the sheer amount of products available, but also extremely determined to make sure I made the right choice for our family.
We ended up with a BOB Revolution jogger (bought secondhand) and a BOB Motion (bought brand new) for our “regular” stroller. While we loved the newer Motion because the BOB Britax B Safe carseat automatically plugged right in without the purchase of adaptor, we found ourselves primarily using the Bob Revolution jogger once our son could safely sit in the stroller regularly. Because it was able to make 360 degree turns on a dime, seamlessly climb down curbs, navigate hills and gravel streets with ease, and provide a smooth ride for our son, we used it more often for our everyday family activities. Without going into too much detail about the single seat Bob Revolution, it truly was the perfect stroller for our family. Even though it was technically a jogger, I used it for much more.
When we found out (surprise!) that we were expecting a second baby when my son was only 7 months old, we knew that our sons would be 16 months apart. This would mean that big brother would not be ready to be walking alongside while little brother rode in either of the single strollers, and we do lots of outdoor activities as a family (zoo, power walking, jogging, parks, etc.) I immediately knew that we needed to make the investment in a BOB Revolution Duallie, because I had become accustomed to our BOB. I also knew that this would be pretty expensive (to us personally), and that we would be looking at investing in only ONE double stroller if we went this route. This would mean not having a “regular stroller” and a “jogging stroller,” but using this one stroller for all of our needs. I researched online, asked around, and even inquired at retailers to determine if this would be a good decision. I had heard that it was “too cumbersome” to use as an everyday stroller, even if it was a good jogger. But we decided it would be worth it.
As it turns out, there are different styles of BOB Duallies available. Currently, there are
Revolution Pro Duallie
Revolution Flex Duallie
Revolution SE Duallie
Stroller Strides Duallie
We weighed the pros and cons of each model. We chose the Revolution Flex Duallie for many reasons. For us, it was important to have a front wheel that was capable of swiveling. A fixed wheel stroller would never work for our family, as I enjoy the ability to make turns on a dime. (Although the Flex still has the ability to lock the front wheel in place if need be, which was good to know!) For us, we also liked the ability to adjust the handlebar. We could have gone with a lower price point Duallie, but because I am 5’2 and my husband is 6’0, we felt it would be beneficial to spend a little extra to make sure we could both be comfortable when walking or jogging. Although I did prefer the color selection in the other style (I was wanting Navy like I had with the single), there are still decent options with the Flex Duallie. We ended up with the orange/black combination, as we were able to get it on sale. It has really grown on me!
To say that I love this stroller would be an understatement. I have never regretted this purchase, and I would recommend it to anyone with two small children close in age or with twins. The ability to adjust the handlebar has been super convenient. Not only can both parents be comfortable when driving the stroller, but when we get into an elevator or a crowded situation, we can flip the handlebar totally up and automatically make the stroller’s footprint smaller. The swiveling front wheel is still amazing. Recently, my wheel accidentally got locked in place facing forward and I was SO surprised at the difference in the maneuverability. I would never want to not have the option of a swiveling wheel. As a 5’2 petite mother, my husband was concerned that I would have issues lifting the stroller in and out of the back of our SUV. While it was an adjustment at first, it now comes easily. (We all know what mom arm strength it takes to lift those infant car seats! This is no different.) It folds out and folds back in with two quick steps, which is easy to do on your own without assistance. The suspension system/wheel quality is just as I described with the single stroller-amazing at navigating curbs, hills, gravel, dirt, and even beach sand! Even on the roughest of surfaces, the babies are still experiencing a smooth and pleasant ride.
I love the fact that it fits through standard door frames. Everywhere we go my mother in law asks “are you sure you can fit through here?” in a worried voice. I laugh to myself because I know that anywhere a wheelchair can fit, we can fit. And even some smaller spaces. I feel confident in navigating most public places because they should be complying with ADA standards anyway, so we should always be able to access spaces just as those with single strollers. The seats are super comfortable, and they don’t stain easily. We just use the hose attachment on our vacuum to clean any crumbs from snack time. The tires are super durable, and I love the undercarriage storage (although in a perfect world, I would make it even bigger–moms just have SO much stuff!) I love the additional safety features of a parking brake (that stays locked even on steep hills), and the wrist strap so that you are always assuredly in control of the stroller. The canopies are extremely generous in size, and can block out sunlight without a problem. There are viewing window panels on the top of the canopies so that you can easily glance down into the stroller and check on your babies as you continue running/walking.
Really the only cons that I can think of are that all of the accessories are available for separate purchase. It would be nice if it came with the snack tray adaptor, or the option of the carseat adaptor. However, this was not enough of a con for me to consider any other stroller. Yes, it’s a little heavy and yes it takes a dedicated space to store (which will be the case with any double occupancy stroller.) I did not find that it was too cumbersome AT ALL to function as our “outside” and “inside” stroller. In our experience, it has been great for all uses, and has been worth the investment for us. We highly recommend to any family with even a semi-active lifestyle and two young kiddos.