Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30 Infant Car Seat
Weight without base: 7 lbs
Weight with base: 11 lbs
Length: 26.75", Width: 17.5", Height: 14"
Newborn until height or weight limits are reached.
Height: up to 30"
EPS, energy absorbing foam for effective impact energy management.
Yes - seat cushion and canopy.
• Ultra-lightweight infant car seat for easy carrying.
• Helps protect rear-facing infants from 4 - 30 lbs. and up to 30 inches.
• Click Connect™ technology provides one-step secure attachment to Graco Click Connect strollers and base.
• Rigorously crash tested to meet or exceed U.S. safety standards.
• Engineered and crash tested to meet or exceed US standard FMVSS 213.
• Side-impact tested (In addition to meeting or exceeding all applicable US safety standards, the SnugRide Click Connect 30 has been side impact tested for occupant retention by the harness system).
• EPS, energy absorbing foam for effective impact energy management.
• Removable newborn head support cushions baby's head.
• Convenient, LATCH-equipped stay-in-car base for easy installation.
• 5-point harness helps secure your child for all your journeys together.
• Rotating canopy provides shade and sun protection for your baby.
• Low Price: The price tags is under $100, making it a great price for the mom on a budget.
• Has a low weight limit: With a weight limit of 4lbs to 30lbs it works great for premature babies.
• Has two placements for the lower buckle which gives a better fit for smaller babies and newborns
• Easy to tighten and loosen the straps from the front with the pull strap.
• Car seat surface is easy to clean. Simply wipe down with wet cloth and soap (or just a baby wipe).
• In order to change the threading height and lower bucket you have to take the straps completely out of the car seat to adjust. However, this will only have to be done a few times while using the seat.
• Head support piece is flimsy compared to other seats. It seem to be more for appearance than actual comfort and protection.
• It was a challenge get level in our car. The seat does not have a level built in so you have to eye ball it. Our backseat is slanted, so we had to put a piece of foam under the base to get it to the proper level.
When I brought my Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30 it was unfortunately, a spur of the moment purchase. My son was born 7 weeks prematurely and spent a few weeks in the NICU. When he was born, I was told he would be in the NICU for a month or two. He was there 2 weeks. I had planned to use my daughter’s old car seat (Graco SnugRide Classic Connect) but it had a weight limit of 5lbs and my son was just under 5lbs when he was ready to go home and the car seat just didn’t fit him properly. So, I had to find a car seat that fit at least 4lbs AND it needed to be $100 or less because we had not budgeted for a new car seat.
I am normally a researcher when it comes to buying important things like a car seat. However, I felt completely secure buying the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30 because Graco makes great products and we had never had any issues with our Graco SnugRide Classic Connect. What I liked most about the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30 was that it had a 4lb weight limit, was under my $100 budget, and in stock at a local Walmart since I didn’t have time for shipping.
I loved how easy it was to install the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30 in my car. It came with a base that fit in my car using the LATCH system. I was able to quickly install the base into the car and then the car seat itself could easily be removed by pulling a small latch at the top of the car seat. To install the car seat, simply place the car seat onto the base and listen for the click.
I loved how easy it was to take my son to and from the car because I could go about my day running errands, regardless if he was sleeping or not. I would just remove the car seat from the car and pop it in the cart or stroller and do whatever it was I needed to do without disturbing him or his slumber. For an infant, this is a must because they sleep often and it’s not usually on a schedule. It’s nearly impossible to plan errands around their sleep schedule!
I also like that the Graco SnugRide Click Connect works with Graco stroller systems. Some of the car seats are even sold with a matching stroller. A stroller is another baby essential and I appreciate that you can just pop the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30 right into the stroller just like you would the base in your car. I personally use the Graco Ready2grow Click Connect LX Stroller since I have an older child, but Graco makes a whole line of strollers that the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30 will work with.
The harness on the Grace SnugRide Click Connect 30 is very easy to adjust for a tight and proper fit every time since it has the pull strap at the front of the car seat. You can loosen and tighten straps as need to get baby in and out of the car seat. It also has two holes for the buckle which works great for small babies. However, to rethread the car seat straps and buckle you must take all the straps out of the seat and rethread into the proper places. You should only have to do this a couple times so it’s not a huge inconvenience.
Of course, with car seats safety is always the number one priority. The Grace SnugRide Click Connect 30 has been through vigorous car seat safety testing. It has been tested for side impact and features energy absorbing foam to help protect your child during impact. Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30 is one of top rated car seats from Car Seats for the Littles (a website my friend, who is a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician, recommended to me) and has one of the lowest price tags. This is a HUGE plus! The whole point of a car seat is to ensure my child is safe, thus I am not willing to sacrifice my child’s safety to save money. Luckily because of the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30 I didn’t have to.